Saturday, September 13, 2008

Completely Off Topic


As of 5:00 Pacific Time, here is what Ike looks like. This is important to me because my Folks are in Pearland, TX. On this map, between Houston and Friendswood. I spoke to Mom last night around 7"00 PT and she had lost power a few hours prior to our conversation. From reading what reports are out now, I'm concerned (to say the least) and I'm praying not only for the safety of those who were told not to evacuate (Folks and their neighbors included) but also for communications to be restored so loved ones can be reassured they are okay. Thanks for your prayers. [I'll be posting something on topic this weekend.]

Blessings, Tif


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So many prayers for your family and all of Texas!!!!

Sharon said...

Tiff,
I'm hoping everything is okay! I'm anxiously awaiting your update! Prayers to you!! Sharon

Queen of the Misfits said...

we are about 100 miles from them, we don't have anything either!! no school or power for 2-3 weeks!! BUT our house made it. just part of the fence down and some trees and what not!! glad your parents were ok. I was thinking about them this weekend!

Giraffe Spender said...

I was thinking about you, too - but had no idea how to contact you. (didn't think of e mail you...duh.)

I'm glad you're okay! I just got lucky with cell signal and talked to Mom. She was driving and lost signal and I can't get her on the phone again.

Do you have places giving ice? Mom does - and she got there and it was all gone! She said HEB got a fresh delivery of meat - the line is from the door to the freeway - about 4 hours long!

I'm so glad you're okay. Thanks for letting me know!

Blessings,
Tif