I love to read other people's blogs. There are three I read daily - checking back about once an hour to see if anything new is happening. That is ridiculous since one that I read, the author has decided to only post on Mondays. I'm the addict who keeps checking, just in case something sparked her fingers and she decided to post about it on a non-Monday. Another one I read, I'm often surprised by how often a new post will pop up. Sometimes three in a day! (And I say "woohoo" to that!) And still another one, is as sporadic as my own. I find myself feeling disappointed that there isn't a new post. (hint, hint!) Oops! That could be me!
I have no idea if anyone other than the three mentioned above even read this thing. I started it to keep a sort of diary to myself about the progress and growth I experience on this journey of growing up in my finances. I have found that when I'm not learning something new about how to do my finances, I can't find anything to write about. I had decided to keep this blog about my financial journey only. How many times can I post about envelopes? As much as I love my envelope system, even I get sick of hearing about it!
But, who would have thought that I would make "friends" in the process? I certainly didn't! And now I wonder, is there anyone checking this post, feeling disappointed that I'm not writing? So, now I'm struggling with a decision...do I keep specifically to the topic I intended or do I branch out and write about whatever tickles my fancy? (What a funny saying!)
Input would be extremely appreciated.
I have no idea if anyone other than the three mentioned above even read this thing. I started it to keep a sort of diary to myself about the progress and growth I experience on this journey of growing up in my finances. I have found that when I'm not learning something new about how to do my finances, I can't find anything to write about. I had decided to keep this blog about my financial journey only. How many times can I post about envelopes? As much as I love my envelope system, even I get sick of hearing about it!
But, who would have thought that I would make "friends" in the process? I certainly didn't! And now I wonder, is there anyone checking this post, feeling disappointed that I'm not writing? So, now I'm struggling with a decision...do I keep specifically to the topic I intended or do I branch out and write about whatever tickles my fancy? (What a funny saying!)
Input would be extremely appreciated.
6 comments:
Branch out! I check yours often too!! ;)
Branch out, branch out, branch out... I love your financial tips and advice, but I love your emails too. You're an interesting woman and I KNOW you have a lot to say! :)
Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such an encouraging post! I appreciate your desire to improve in your handling of money. Being a good steward is so tough to do with a family! I'll be praying for you (really!) as you work to meet your goals.
I check yours often! Branch out and talk to us! :))))
How are you?? I nominated you for an award so check my blog. Thank you for being here for me! And, I'm working on my guest post :)
Hi Tif,
I just saw the link to your blog in your note - and wanted to stop by and say hello!
It is so nice to meet you -
Holly
Post a Comment