I haven't posted in a while. It's been one of "those" months. There is no rhyme or reason to the order in which I'm posting these events - simply as they come to mind, and certainly not in order of "importance".
Grocery Shopping
This month has been pretty amazing as far as money spent in this 'envelope'. I have shared that we purchase a store gift card with the monthly budgeted amount and use that instead of cash. It was worked out very well for us. On October 3rd, I Spent $77 from our grocery card...which was left over from September!! And after that purchase, I still have $4 and change left on the card! October 9th, I finally spent the first of October's grocery budget! As of today, I'm still on track to have a carry-over balance for next month!
I must admit, it was no easy feat...I had help...in the form of encouragement from Elizabeth...and her secret to saving money at the grocery store. I won't keep it a secret long - I've asked Elizabeth to do a guest post here to better explain it. (I'm still a rookie!)
Anniversary Party
Goose's Boy Scout Troop celebrated 60 years last weekend. (Pretty cool!) It was quite a production for the boys and the planning committee. Brian and I were selected as the T-shirt committee. That took up so much time and energy we couldn't think straight for two weeks. In the end, Goose's shirt design was chosen by the troop and was beautifully imprinted onto the anniversary shirts by the folks at Big Star Merch. Thanks Taelin! The design was changed from color to plain black for printing restrictions...but understanding the feelings of a 14 year old kid, Taelin made arrangements to make a seperate screen of the design in FULL COLOR - just for Goose!
The party itself was great - even the Mayor showed up for a speech and to shake hands with the boys. And he invited the troop to that week's city hall meeting for a formal proclamation.
City Hall
I have to say, seeing 10+ boys in uniform, being called forward at a city hall meeting to be recognized just does a heart good. The boys were each perfectly behaved, sitting still without fidgeting, and really showed the Troop Pride. Yay Boys!
...And More Scout Stuff...
Brian has been gone the majority of three weekend in a row due to different leadership trainings. I think our fabulous Scout Master is hoping Brian will step in and carry on when his son accomplished Eagle...which will be soon!!! (Way to go CJ!) I admit, I love how dedicated Brian is to Goose and the Troop - but I miss my husband! He's taking off right after work today to do another training - an overnighter! (Chicka-Doodle and I have a slumber party planned in my room this weekend...)
Will We Make It?
All I can say here is this: 2nd grade is kicking our butts!!!
God's Children
Loving Others: Love and Prayers of comfort to fellow blogger, Elizabeth and her family.
Bible Study: If you've been reading my 101 list, you'll know part of my struggle with the Precept Study. Satan has really been trying to edge his way in here...but instead of give up on myself, I've been gentle, knowing if I do my best, it's what God asks...
Freezer Frustrations & Lessons From God
With this handy new trick, Elizabeth has shared with me, it's time we purchase a freezer. Brian had the "extra paycheck" this month, and since we're getting the hang of living by the budget, it was all really that: extra. Our bills for the month have already been covered, so we chose to allocate a portion of the extra check to purchase a freezer to have storage space to stockpile food. ...we just can't decide on the right one for us. UGH! I'm impatient and this back and forth thinking is killing me! Ask for something and God doesn't necessarily give it to you...but rather situations in which you can learn, practice and overcome. That's all fabulous, but I'm impatient to get the lessens done with, too!
Immunizations - Useless Ouch?
I know there are some differing views as to whether or not vaccine shots are necessary...I chose the road of getting immunizations shots for my kids. This includes a Chicken Pox vaccination. Only it didn't work. Goose came home Monday from school, covered in red dots that itch. Oatmeal baths are a blessing from God. I'm itching just thinking about it! The doc did say that because of BOTH doses, Goose has a less severe case than he would have had...oh, that just makes me want to cry.
My (famous?) Cousin
And just as some weird thing... I spoke to my cousin (whom I haven't talked to in more than 10 years) and found out her brother (also my cousin) is a famous stage actor! Ha! Who woulda thunk? Go PD!! I was blown away by the fan-based sites about him - these people LOVE him! If ever in CA, I'll have to go check it out!
7.5 X 7.5
Yes, my envelopes. I love them. I love that I have saved (more than, because I've sealed three envelopes and have already given them to Brain) and have on hand right now... a WHOLE LOTTA cash! (in a safe place, of course!) Please know that I have never collectively saved more than $50. Next month, I will seal the car insurance envelope and hand it to my husband. Wow - that's a great feeling!
I'm done babbling for now. I hope to be more consistent with postings, maybe after October leaves us alone! =)
Blessings,
Tif
Grocery Shopping
This month has been pretty amazing as far as money spent in this 'envelope'. I have shared that we purchase a store gift card with the monthly budgeted amount and use that instead of cash. It was worked out very well for us. On October 3rd, I Spent $77 from our grocery card...which was left over from September!! And after that purchase, I still have $4 and change left on the card! October 9th, I finally spent the first of October's grocery budget! As of today, I'm still on track to have a carry-over balance for next month!
I must admit, it was no easy feat...I had help...in the form of encouragement from Elizabeth...and her secret to saving money at the grocery store. I won't keep it a secret long - I've asked Elizabeth to do a guest post here to better explain it. (I'm still a rookie!)
Anniversary Party
Goose's Boy Scout Troop celebrated 60 years last weekend. (Pretty cool!) It was quite a production for the boys and the planning committee. Brian and I were selected as the T-shirt committee. That took up so much time and energy we couldn't think straight for two weeks. In the end, Goose's shirt design was chosen by the troop and was beautifully imprinted onto the anniversary shirts by the folks at Big Star Merch. Thanks Taelin! The design was changed from color to plain black for printing restrictions...but understanding the feelings of a 14 year old kid, Taelin made arrangements to make a seperate screen of the design in FULL COLOR - just for Goose!
The party itself was great - even the Mayor showed up for a speech and to shake hands with the boys. And he invited the troop to that week's city hall meeting for a formal proclamation.
City Hall
I have to say, seeing 10+ boys in uniform, being called forward at a city hall meeting to be recognized just does a heart good. The boys were each perfectly behaved, sitting still without fidgeting, and really showed the Troop Pride. Yay Boys!
...And More Scout Stuff...
Brian has been gone the majority of three weekend in a row due to different leadership trainings. I think our fabulous Scout Master is hoping Brian will step in and carry on when his son accomplished Eagle...which will be soon!!! (Way to go CJ!) I admit, I love how dedicated Brian is to Goose and the Troop - but I miss my husband! He's taking off right after work today to do another training - an overnighter! (Chicka-Doodle and I have a slumber party planned in my room this weekend...)
Will We Make It?
All I can say here is this: 2nd grade is kicking our butts!!!
God's Children
Loving Others: Love and Prayers of comfort to fellow blogger, Elizabeth and her family.
Bible Study: If you've been reading my 101 list, you'll know part of my struggle with the Precept Study. Satan has really been trying to edge his way in here...but instead of give up on myself, I've been gentle, knowing if I do my best, it's what God asks...
Freezer Frustrations & Lessons From God
With this handy new trick, Elizabeth has shared with me, it's time we purchase a freezer. Brian had the "extra paycheck" this month, and since we're getting the hang of living by the budget, it was all really that: extra. Our bills for the month have already been covered, so we chose to allocate a portion of the extra check to purchase a freezer to have storage space to stockpile food. ...we just can't decide on the right one for us. UGH! I'm impatient and this back and forth thinking is killing me! Ask for something and God doesn't necessarily give it to you...but rather situations in which you can learn, practice and overcome. That's all fabulous, but I'm impatient to get the lessens done with, too!
Immunizations - Useless Ouch?
I know there are some differing views as to whether or not vaccine shots are necessary...I chose the road of getting immunizations shots for my kids. This includes a Chicken Pox vaccination. Only it didn't work. Goose came home Monday from school, covered in red dots that itch. Oatmeal baths are a blessing from God. I'm itching just thinking about it! The doc did say that because of BOTH doses, Goose has a less severe case than he would have had...oh, that just makes me want to cry.
My (famous?) Cousin
And just as some weird thing... I spoke to my cousin (whom I haven't talked to in more than 10 years) and found out her brother (also my cousin) is a famous stage actor! Ha! Who woulda thunk? Go PD!! I was blown away by the fan-based sites about him - these people LOVE him! If ever in CA, I'll have to go check it out!
7.5 X 7.5
Yes, my envelopes. I love them. I love that I have saved (more than, because I've sealed three envelopes and have already given them to Brain) and have on hand right now... a WHOLE LOTTA cash! (in a safe place, of course!) Please know that I have never collectively saved more than $50. Next month, I will seal the car insurance envelope and hand it to my husband. Wow - that's a great feeling!
I'm done babbling for now. I hope to be more consistent with postings, maybe after October leaves us alone! =)
Blessings,
Tif
3 comments:
Tif:
I saw you left a message on my blog. I am not offended I just have not blogged in a while because I have not had the time and my lovely wife HATES POLITICS. I have been giving her a break because this election season has been frustrating to me and I have decided to stay away for a while.
So. I know you're around because you've been commenting. But, where are youuuuu? :)
I'm glad I inspired you! I hope you do post! Elizabeth talks about you a lot, all good things. Have a great day and a happy holiday!
Post a Comment