I love shopping. (my credit rating: FAILED is solely earned from shopping on credit - for EVERYTHING imaginable!) I can shop for clothes, shoes, home accessories, toiletries, sports equipment, office supplies, even food. I just love to shop.
The food one is tricky though...I love to shop for food - but I hate to cook. I even get out of boiling water for spaghetti noodles, if I can. (God blessed me with a husband who LOVES to cook - it was His plan so the kids and I didn't starve) It gets even trickier when Brian is out of town and I'm left to fend for myself, and for the kids. Thankfully, our son is quite talented in the kitchen, so he steps up when he can to help me out. (Side note: we also have an elderly neighbor who is a FANTASTIC baker/cook who we've sort of adopted as part of our family, so he usually feels sorry for me - no, for the kids - when Brian's away and will bring food over for us)
Pretty funny to think of someone how really hates food, shopping for it with a smile...but I do. That smile gets even bigger when we get FREE groceries!
Ralphs, the local grocery store is offering a deal through the end of July; buy a $300 Ralphs gift card and receive $30 free added to the card! Brian and I talked about it and decided it's beneficial for us to take advantage of this "sale" so today, I went and purchased two $300 gift cards (totally $60 FREE grocery money!) and went shopping for this weeks groceries.
With Brian and our son away at camp for the week, our daughter joined me for the shopping trip. She got to be in charge of the calculator to add the total of our collection in the basket. (We only had one "oops!" but we both remembered the running total as of the previous entry, so all was well.) She helped me weigh the produce to make sure we were within weight limit for tomatoes, grapes and potatoes. It was a great learning experience for us both...
And the really cool part is that our 2nd grader is learning about budgeting and making decisions of what is truly necessary and to prioritize.
It feels SO good to be back on track after my disastrous
vacation - budget (= ouch)!
The food one is tricky though...I love to shop for food - but I hate to cook. I even get out of boiling water for spaghetti noodles, if I can. (God blessed me with a husband who LOVES to cook - it was His plan so the kids and I didn't starve) It gets even trickier when Brian is out of town and I'm left to fend for myself, and for the kids. Thankfully, our son is quite talented in the kitchen, so he steps up when he can to help me out. (Side note: we also have an elderly neighbor who is a FANTASTIC baker/cook who we've sort of adopted as part of our family, so he usually feels sorry for me - no, for the kids - when Brian's away and will bring food over for us)
Pretty funny to think of someone how really hates food, shopping for it with a smile...but I do. That smile gets even bigger when we get FREE groceries!
Ralphs, the local grocery store is offering a deal through the end of July; buy a $300 Ralphs gift card and receive $30 free added to the card! Brian and I talked about it and decided it's beneficial for us to take advantage of this "sale" so today, I went and purchased two $300 gift cards (totally $60 FREE grocery money!) and went shopping for this weeks groceries.
With Brian and our son away at camp for the week, our daughter joined me for the shopping trip. She got to be in charge of the calculator to add the total of our collection in the basket. (We only had one "oops!" but we both remembered the running total as of the previous entry, so all was well.) She helped me weigh the produce to make sure we were within weight limit for tomatoes, grapes and potatoes. It was a great learning experience for us both...
Our budget of $75 for the week breaks down to this:
$15.46 Below budget
$12.23 Preferred Card Savings
====
$27.69 Total Savings for this trip (YAHOO!!)
$15.46 Below budget
$12.23 Preferred Card Savings
====
$27.69 Total Savings for this trip (YAHOO!!)
And the really cool part is that our 2nd grader is learning about budgeting and making decisions of what is truly necessary and to prioritize.
It feels SO good to be back on track after my disastrous
vacation - budget (= ouch)!
2 comments:
We have Kroger here, they are doing the same type of promotion, we benefited from it as well! BUT I wish I could get away on a 75.00 budget! ha.
Tif,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It was a few monnths ago, but I only just saw it since it was hidden with an older post. The meters on my site are widgets I created through HTML. I believe blogspot offers them too. If you are unable to find them, please let me know and I'll send you the script via. email.
Post a Comment