When I started this blog, I had no idea I was going to gather so much awesome information or so many fantastic ideas. Truth be told: I'm a big copy-cat.
It was someone else's idea that I borrowed for a blog about my financial fitness, someone else's idea to do the 101 list, and someone else's idea to have a blog dedicated to daily spending.
Okay, about that last one... I came across a blog about personal finances and this woman was so real with real life ideas and real life issues! I couldn't get enough of her blog! I backed up to the beginning and read every single post!! One of the things she did, was add a second blog just about her daily spending. Brilliant! Sharon, thank you! I hope you don't mind I'm stealing that idea, too!
Here's the deal. With the handful of folks willing to read this blog, I've found such comfort and self-respect in the accountability, I am making myself take it one step further. Beginning September 1, 2008, I will be posting my daily spending. I am especially looking forward to my "no spending" days! I have not yet decided if I will be including our household budget, or just my own (gotta love envelopes!) - but what ever I decide, it will be consistent. I am so excited to get started on this! And, it will be the "official" beginning of my 101 list.
Whew! Exciting stuff! All this and 2nd & 8th grade, too! (Wish me God's Grace!)
It was someone else's idea that I borrowed for a blog about my financial fitness, someone else's idea to do the 101 list, and someone else's idea to have a blog dedicated to daily spending.
Okay, about that last one... I came across a blog about personal finances and this woman was so real with real life ideas and real life issues! I couldn't get enough of her blog! I backed up to the beginning and read every single post!! One of the things she did, was add a second blog just about her daily spending. Brilliant! Sharon, thank you! I hope you don't mind I'm stealing that idea, too!
Here's the deal. With the handful of folks willing to read this blog, I've found such comfort and self-respect in the accountability, I am making myself take it one step further. Beginning September 1, 2008, I will be posting my daily spending. I am especially looking forward to my "no spending" days! I have not yet decided if I will be including our household budget, or just my own (gotta love envelopes!) - but what ever I decide, it will be consistent. I am so excited to get started on this! And, it will be the "official" beginning of my 101 list.
Whew! Exciting stuff! All this and 2nd & 8th grade, too! (Wish me God's Grace!)
4 comments:
What a GREAT (and scary) idea!!
I wasn't mine...but I'm excited about it! =)
Oh my gosh! You will also notice that I stopped doing my daily spending! I better get back to it! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Now, I need to do my daily spending... I'm looking into how I want to do it today. While looking over our Quicken today, DH says: "We are WAY over our budget." Huh??? We are??? (And no, that wasn't a fake Lucielle Ball moment... I really didn't know! Eeek!!)
I love good neighbors :) Sounds like you have an awesome one!! We really do too. She's the aid for autism at Zack's school and hopes to work one-on-one with him once he's in first grade. To have someone with all that knowledge living next door to offer us her autism experience is a HUGE blessing because we are so overwhelmed sometimes! The plums are just a bonus :)
And funny how older people always manage to "make too much" for dinner lol! I only hope that when I age, I'm able to help other families with young children myself.
Post a Comment